Want to perform for LMS?
To apply to enter the LMS school concert programme you need to fill in the online form.
1. If you and your music group has performed for LMS on a previous occasion, and you already have a login for lms.dk, you just have to log in and select "Ansøgning" (application) in your personal menu.
2. If you don't have a login, you have to fill out the form “Opret login til musikgruppe” (create log in for music group) on lms.dk/for-musikere/ansoegning/
In any of the above cases, please read the below before venturing into the application process.
The application system opens on September 1st. Deadline is October 15th, at 12.00.
Please note: if you apply after the deadline, your application will not be considered.
All applicants will receive an answer no later than January 1st.
WHAT TO PREPARE FOR THE APPLICATION?
In the application form you are asked to upload two mp3’s music files, and at least one photograph of the music group. You must also enter practical details, a short presentation text aimed at the schools to read, and a more elaborate description of the form and content of the concert. All this is necessary for our program committee ("fagudvalg") for them to make a qualified choice.
It is easier for you if you have all uploads ready before you start filling in the form. Read "Criteria" and "Requirements for applicants" below before starting the application process.
LMS selects concert productions in the following manner:
LMS has an independent program committee ("fagudvalg") which is responsible for selecting the 80-100 music groups that tour for us each season. The committee has six members representing various kinds of music expertise. You can see who they are under the “Kontakt” menu at lms.dk
The committee reviews every application from a number of quality criteria (see below) and recommendations from LMS' local networks. After the quality assessment, the final season programme is formed taking into account factors such as geographical coverage, variation in genres, target groups (age groups), economy and specific wishes from the schools.
When assessing the applications, the following is considered:
- the artistic and performative quality
- a clear idea why the applicant wants to perform in schools
- the concert production opens new musical horizons for the pupils - music they are not already acquainted with.
- the music is presented with respect and understanding for the age group and the special circumstances at which concerts in schools take place.
- music is the central part of the performance.
The program committee considers the following four parameters regarding quality:
The music. Quality and musical choice of the compositions. Is it music with something to say? Is it relevant in relation to the art experience as a whole, and for the cultural learning in school?
Performance. Absolute excellency in performing skills is essential as LMS is funded by the Danish Arts Foundation.
Communication. Does the music come across to the audience? Do the musicians have the touch for addressing their target group? Is the performance created with a sense of coherence, flow and dramaturgical curve?
Relevance. Does the concept of the concert make sense in relation to the target group and the school circumstances?
The final selection of concert productions is made between those meeting the demands mentioned above. Usually, there are more applications that meet the requirements than needed for the season. This means that a number of other factors play a role in the selection process: variety in genres, different age groups of the audience, economy etc. Finally, LMS attempts to meet the wishes made by the schools regarding specific groups, genres etc.
There is no fixed upper limit for the number of musicians per group. However, music groups with seven or more members are - for financial reasons – very rarely selected.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS
To work for LMS:
- You must have your own instruments, amplification, PA, lightning, or whatever else equipment is necessary for the concerts.
- You must have a car and a driver’s license for you and your equipment to be mobile. (LMS may assist you with car rental if agreed so at the time of signing the contract).
- You must be able and willing to perform anywhere in Denmark. In rare cases there may be exceptions, but only when any special needs are mentioned in your application.
- You must commit fully to the tour plan agreed on in connection with signing the contract. No cancellations, change of dates, etc. is permitted, unless in case of force majeure and only after approval from LMS.